ARCHITECT FOR MECHANICAL DEVELOPMENT (BELGIUM/NETHERLANDS)
Do you have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar Architect role and a Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering?
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? Do you want to work within a dedicated team to achieve breakthroughs? Do you have interest in a being a part of a high-qualified international oriented family? Are you in for developing you personal skills by being pro-active and inquisitive?
Deliver high level mechanical system architecture that enables the optimal functionality and cost effective engineering of new systems.
• Creation and investigation of mechatronics concept (M) design for wafer and sensor stages. Discuss with project members, sectors and peer experts. Come up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements.
• Validate concepts on high level requirements regarding position accuracy, speed (system output) and other functional specification requirements
• Definition of high level modules and related technical interfaces. Monitor that projects stay within agreed specifications. Make use of your creativity and helicopter view to find solutions in case of conflicts.
• Knowledge transfer to production and other relevant groups
• Contribute to system roadmaps.
• Coaching and training on the job of mechanical/mechatronics engineers in the team.
• Setting direction in and deployment of the Way of Working (a.o. using V-model, PGP process, design reviews,..)
• Ensure proper competence management within the group, teaming up with the mechatronics competence within the department Development & Engineering.
Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering
• At least 5 years of experience in creating new machine concepts or large complex modules.
• Covering all aspects like position accuracy, speed (output), layout, serviceability, transportability, install, etc.
• Familiar with FEM and related development tools.
• Basic knowledge of thermal management, flow control and static design is a pre.
• NX (or other 3D design tool)
• Technical leadership. Sets out direction for technical project teams.
• Abstract thinking, out-of-the box thinking
• Helicopter view
• Communication. Effective communication with all levels and disciplines.
• Clear and structured way of reporting.
• Networking. Build and maintain networks throughout the organization and with suppliers
• Able to challenge others, to come up with even better ideas
Context of the position
The Architect reports to the Group leader and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
• Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
• Come in touch with every engineering process step.
• Dynamic environment.
• Work together in multidisciplinary teams and suppliers.
• International opportunities.
• Individual performance & talent management
Martina Molina - email@example.com